Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Destiny Design may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
• When you create a username, purchase a product or service, download a file, or use our Contact Form, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, company name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
How we use your personal information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Destiny Design’s latest announcements, updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about availability and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Destiny Design, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as data analysis and research to improve Destiny Design’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information — data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone where a Destiny Design product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Destiny Design’s website, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements do not use “cookies” or other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Destiny Design may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Destiny Design website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Destiny Design does not make personal information available to third parties, with the following exceptions:
• It may be necessary — by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence — for Destiny Design to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
• We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Destiny Design takes reasonable precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting us. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Destiny Design is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Destiny Design websites, products and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties — for example, print shop services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as personal data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Destiny Design employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Feedback and Information
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Destiny Design shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 1994–201220132014201520162017201820192020 Destiny Design. All rights reserved.
Updated by Destiny Design on May 23, 2015.